Avon Country Market is a group of local markets in South Gloucester, North Somerset and Bristol. It is a co-operative of local producers who provide high quality, value for money produce.
Markets are held on either a Friday or Saturday. There you’ll find a variety of freshly baked savoury and sweet baking, preserves, honey, eggs, meat, plants, cut flowers, seasonal vegetables, fruit and craft. All produce is locally produced by our members, often in their own homes and gardens.
Country Markets will take orders and are happy to discuss with you what you want. Orders can be large or small. We can provide cakes or savouries for a special event, knit an item for you or just hold anything we make for you at the market. If you can’t make a market date, each market also has a contact who will take an order and deliver it to your door.
Avon Country Market is part of a larger nationwide organisation that is over 100 years old. Take a look at the Facebook page for Country Markets. Across the country we operate a hamper scheme. It works just like inter flora and you will be able to order a hamper for delivery anywhere in the country – a perfect present for a new student or elderly relative.
Our markets closed at the end of March following the Lockdown due to the Coronavirus
We are gradually reopening the markets. Here are the up to date opening times.
- Clevedon – 9:00 – 12:30 4th Saturday of the month. Queen Square. Orders Margaret 01934 511397 or email@example.com, See also the Cleveon Farmers Market Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/clevedonmarket2016
- Keynsham – 9:00 – 13:00 2nd Saturday of the month. Market Walk. Orders Marian 0117 9865433 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See also the Somerset Farmers Market Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SomersetFarmersMarkets
- Nailsea – 9:00 – 12:30 3rd Saturday of the month at the Nailsea Farmer’s Market in the High Street. See also their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/nailseacountrymarket
- Portishead – 9:00 – 12:30 2nd Saturday of the month. Waitrose Piazza. Orders Gillian 01275 852273 or email@example.com. See also the Farmers Market Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PortisheadFarmersMarket
- Chew Valley – 10:00 – 11:00 every Friday. Lower Old School Room, 7 South Parade, Chew Magna, Bristol, BS40 8SH. Orders https://www.facebook.com/chewvalleycountrymarket. See also their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/chewvalleycountrymarket
- Marshfield – Closed until 2021
- Nailsea – reopens 6 November 2020. Vestry Hall Nailsea. Thereafter on the first Friday of the month. See also their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/nailseacountrymarket
- Westbury on Trym Bristol – 10:30 – 11:30 Fortnightly Fridays. Next market 6 November. Methodist Church Hall, Westbury Hill, BS9 3AA. Orders Wendy 0117 9503897 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See also their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/WOTCountryMarket
- Wrington Vale – 9:00 – 11:00 every Friday. Memorial, Hall Silver Street, Wrington, BS40 5QL. Orders Jeanette 07850 398359 email@example.com
Updated by Wendy 30 October 2020